The purpose of LeTS is to work collaboratively with staff and students to ensure that learning and teaching is of a high quality, thereby inspiring and enabling our students to achieve their full academic potential.
To achieve this we:
- stimulate, support and share innovative practice;
- undertake project based work to achieve the goals set out in the Learning & Teaching Strategy of the University;
- provide accredited initial and continuing professional development for staff and students who teach and/or support learning and teaching;
- ensure that there are clear policies for learning and teaching and provide guidance in working to these requirements;
- support the development and approval of new programmes and modules;
- oversee annual and periodic review activities;
- support and report on institution level surveys of student satisfaction.
Learning and Teaching Services cover 4 inter-related areas:
- Learning and Teaching Development
- Quality Management of Learning and Teaching
- Professional Development in Learning and Teaching
- Governance relating to Learning and Teaching