Position: Quality Manager (Partnerships)
Tel: +44 (0114) 22 21744
Quality management of taught provision delivered in partnership with other institutions in the UK and abroad and other areas of quality assurance.
• Supporting faculties and academic departments with setting up new collaborative taught programmes and their ongoing management, eg jointly-delivered degrees and articulation arrangements
• Taking a risk-based approach, ensuring that appropriate approvals, review arrangements and agreements are in place for L&T partnerships.
• Partnership/QA related support for key strategic partnerships: University of Sheffield International College, Nanjing Tech University and City College
• Keeping abreast of national developments in the sector and ensuring University practices meet national requirements (including the QAA Code of Practice).
• Membership of Committees/Groups: Committee for Collaborative Provision, TUOS-USIC Joint Academic Management Board, TUOS-USIC Joint Operations Committee, China Task Group, NJTech Joint Institute groups
• Supporting other areas of QA and policy work
Karen started her career at CERN in Geneva where she spent five years in a central services role before moving on to posts at the NHS Executive office for management education, at Sheffield Hallam University, and then worked for ten years on a University of Manchester collaboration with an HEI in Moscow (part of the Presidential Academy of National Economy). Karen is a keen linguist with fluent Russian and French and having a working knowledge of several other languages. Karen recently acted as project manager for the L&T side of the transition to Study Group as the provider for the University of Sheffield International College.