Position: Learning & Teaching Development Manager
Telephone: +44 (0)114 2221746
I work, in partnership with academic colleagues, professional services and students, to develop and implement the University’s priorities for learning and teaching, with a focus on supporting developments in the Faculty of Science (2008 - September 2016) and the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health (September 2016 onwards).
Recent highlights and successes
- Initiated a University-level project into strengthening the connection between learning, teaching and space, Feb 2016 - ongoing
- Facilitated discussions at University and Faculty level consultations on a new Learning and Teaching strategy
- Educational Developer and Project Manager on Achieve More Level 1: Breaking Boundaries
- Led and project managed the Inclusive Learning and Teaching project which culminated in the production of the Inclusive Learning and Teaching Handbook
- Initiated and developed the Student Ambassadors for Learning and Teaching Scheme in the Faculty of Science which has been rolled out University-wide.
- Project managed the development of the University’s Widening Participation Strategic Assessment (2009–2012)
- Secured, in partnership with the Faculty Director of Learning and Teaching, c£45k in funding for a Student Transitions project and an Employer Liaison project.
I grew up in Africa which instilled in me a deep appreciation of the value of education. After returning to the UK in 1989 and completing my undergraduate degree in 1995, I began a career in Higher Education. In the 20+ years since my career began, I have worked with departments, faculties and at an institutional level with responsibilities across the core academic activities including research, student recruitment & widening participation, continuing professional development, marketing & communications and learning & teaching.
Current areas of interest
Particular interests include students as co-producers and strengthening the connection between pedagogy and spaces for teaching and learning.
Sheffield Professional Award, 2015
Rodriguez, E. et al, 2010. The inclusive learning and teaching handbook.