The aim of the 2016 Learning and Teaching Conference was to showcase innovative learning and teaching practice at The University of Sheffield, and enable delegates to identify how they might develop their own practice as we move towards a new Learning and Teaching Strategy for our institution.
Call for Abstracts
This conference provided a dynamic opportunity for staff to share their experiences and practices with colleagues from across the University. Speakers delivered either a 15-20 minute presentation (plus time for questions) or a 1 hour interactive workshop.
While the event was designed as a celebration of learning and teaching at The University of Sheffield, we identified five broad subthemes linked to our current Learning and Teaching Strategy. Presentations and workshops linked with at least one of these topics, and you can read further detail about each of the topics by clicking on the statements:
- Fostering greater student engagement through innovative teaching methods and involving students in curriculum design
- Adopting an interdisciplinary approach to offer a diverse and holistic learning experience
- Providing students with practical experience and international awareness to develop skills for a global workplace
- Incorporating the University's excellent research into our learning and teaching methods
- Creating an engaging and inclusive environment to enable effective learning.
The abstract booklet detailing all of the sessions in the conference can be downloaded from the top of the page.