Additional support: Photocopying, printing and scanning
Photocopiers and printers are available at all Library sites, for you or your Library Support Worker to use.
Paper in various colours is available for students with additional support requirements, who find copying and printing on coloured paper helpful. Please ask what paper is available at any of the Library counters.
How does my Library Support Worker photocopy for me?
If you would like your Library Support Worker to photocopy for you in your absence, we will provide you with a charge card for them to use.
How does my Library Support Worker print for me?
If you would like your Library Support Worker to print for you in your absence, they are advised to:
- Log in to a PC using their University username and password. (If your Library Support Worker is not a registered member of the University, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.)
- Send the required documents to the printer but not release them
- Go to an Information Desk with their Library Support Worker’s card and ask the member of staff to release the print job(s)
- Collect the print jobs from the printer
Please note that this can only be done during staffed hours, details of which can be found at Library Sites.
How does my Library Support Worker scan for me?
This depends on whether you want a print or electronic copy of the scanned documents.
We advise your Library Support Worker to scan the original documents in the normal way and follow the above instructions for printing.
Your Library Support Worker can either:
- Scan the documents in the normal way and send the files as attachments to your email address
- Use the Scan Direct to Email service on one of the photocopiers
Further information and comments
If you would like further information or wish to comment on any aspect of the service, please contact us by: