Read & Write
What does Read & Write do?
Read & Write provides help with reading and writing documents. It can read text aloud, highlight words to help with word recognition, and help you to construct words and sentences.
Where can I access Read & Write?
Read & Write is available on all PCs running the managed desktop throughout the University.
How do I access Read & Write?
Click on the Start button and search in All Programs. If Read & Write 11 is listed, just click on it.
If Read & Write 11 is not listed:
● Click on the Software Center icon.
● When the list of software appears (this can take several minutes), select Read & Write 11.
● Click on the Install button at the bottom of the screen.
● Select Read & Write 11 from the programme menu.
● When the toolbar appears, click on the textHELP symbol to see the dropdown menu. You can see all of the available features if you click Current Toolbar and then All Features.
● You can change the voice used by the text to speech facilities by clicking on the Play arrow, then Speech Options.
How can I get help to use Read & Write?
From the Read & Write toolbar, you can access short video tutorials for each of its functions.
● Click on the textHELP dropdown menu and select All Video Tours. You can then select the video tours which will be most helpful to you.
Further information and comments
If you would like further information or wish to comment on any aspect of the service, please contact us by:
● Email: email@example.com
● Telephone: (0114) 2227204
● Meet the Additional support team