Convert your documents into accessible formats
By using Sensus Access you can make image-based PDFs, JPEGs and other files accessible, Sensus Access can convert them into text or audio.
Conditions of use
Sensus Access allows students and staff to automatically convert documents into a range of alternate media. You can make an accessible copy if:
- you own the copyright (e.g. it's your own work)
- you have permission from the copyright owner
- the copyright has expired
- you have a print disability or if it's for someone with a print disability
For general information about copyright at the University of Sheffield see: Copyright - an introduction
Students with a print disability using Sensus Access need to agree that:
- the copy won't be shared with others
- you can't find a commercially available version in an appropriate format. For advice on how to do this please contact the Additional Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- you abide by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988, Section 31A (Disabled persons: copies of works for personal use).
Contact us for copyright advice: email@example.com
Convert your documents
Please note you need to use your University of Sheffield email address with this service.