Foreign Office files for China, 1919-1980
Foreign Office files for China, 1919-1980 makes available the complete British Foreign Office files dealing with China, Hong Kong and Taiwan for much of the twentieth century. The documents combine eyewitness accounts, weekly and monthly summaries, annual reviews, reports and analyses with a synthesis of newspaper articles and conference reports, economic assessments and synopses.
The collection covers the following periods of Chinese history:
- 1919-1929: Kuomintang, CCP and the Third International
- 1930-1937: The Long March, civil war in China and the Manchurian Crisis
- 1938-1948: Open Door, Japanese war and the seeds of Communist victory
- 1949-1956: The Communist revolution
- 1957-1966: The Great Leap Forward
- 1967-1980: The Cultural Revolution
Access is available directly from this page by connecting to the Foreign Office files for China website - you'll be prompted to log in to MUSE as necessary.
If you experience any difficulties in using this eresource please contact Library Help.