What does Dragon do?
Dragon NaturallySpeaking is voice recognition software that allows you to speak into a microphone or headset attached to your computer to type what you are saying.
You can use Dragon NaturallySpeaking to:
- Dictate documents directly.
- Dictate into a digital recorder and transcribe it later.
- Browse the web.
- Control your applications and desktop.
Where can I access Dragon?
Dragon is available in Assistive Technology Room 1.25 on the first floor of the Information Commons.
How do I access Dragon?
- Click on the Start button and select Software Center. Alternatively, click on the Software Center icon on the desktop.
- A list of available software will appear. This may take several minutes, and you may see the message, "No items found."
- When the list appears, click on Dragon. If it isn’t listed, press the F5 key to refresh.
- Click on Install at the bottom right of the screen. The status column shows you the progress of the download.
- When installation is complete, minimise or close Software Center and click on: Start > All Programs >Dragon.
How do I get help with Dragon?
Meet the Inclusive Learning Team.