What does JAWS do?
JAWS reads aloud any text displayed on a computer screen.
Where can I access JAWS?
Information Commons Level 1: PC 1056.
How do I access JAWS?
First open the applications or documents you would like to read, then:
- Either click on the JAWS icon (below) on the desktop
Or from the Start menu at the bottom of the screen, select All Programs > JAWS 14.0 > JAWS.
How do I get help with JAWS?
How do I use JAWS?
To view the JAWS toolbar, click on the icon at the bottom of the screen, or Insert + J. You can also:
- Press Insert + Down arrow to turn on the speech synthesiser.
- Use the Esc key to turn off the speech synthesiser.
- Press Insert + F4 to close down JAWS.
- For the Help menu, open the JAWS toolbar and press ALt + H, or for useful JAWS keystrokes, press Insert + H.
Further information and comments
If you would like further information or wish to comment on any aspect of the service, please contact us by: