MindView is mind-mapping software that can help you develop and organise ideas visually and then export them into a Microsoft Office document, e.g. Word. It includes a variety of ready-to-use templates, wizards and clipart.
Where can I access MindView?
MindView is available on all PCs (running the IT Services Managed Desktop) within the Information Commons and the Library.
How do I access MindView?
Click on the Start button on the PC desktop and look in All Programs to check if MindView 5.0 is already listed. If it is, it means that it has already been installed.
If MindView has already been installed, click on MindView 5.0 in the list and then on the subfolder MindView 5.0 which appears. The software will then open.
If MindView has not already been installed:
- Click on the Start button and select Software Center. Alternatively, click on the Software Center icon on the desktop
- After a while, a list of available software will appear. This can take as long as 10 minutes. In the meantime you may see the message, "No items found"
- When the list appears, scroll down to MindView 5.0 or type MindView in the Search box at the top right of the screen. If MindView is still not displaying, press the F5 key to refresh
- Click on MindView 5.0 to select it
- Click on the Install button at the bottom right of the screen. The status column shows you the progress of the download
- When installation is complete, minimise or close down the Software Center box and click on: Start > All Programs > MindView 5.0 > MindView 5.0
- A pop-up box appears which includes the message, “You have not yet activated your copy of this application”
- Click Activate now
- Another box appears with the message, “Your application is now activated”
- Click OK
How do I get help with MindView?
How do I use MindView?
When you start MindView, you will be presented with various options, one of which is Quick Start. Select this option to proceed to a set of video tutorials on how to use the software. Alternatively, please use the Quick link on this page.
Meet the Inclusive Learning Team.