Research Data Management Steering Group
The University of Sheffield Research Data Management Steering Group meets quarterly and is chaired by Professor Rob Freckleton, Department of Animal and Plant Sciences. The group includes representatives from key institutional stakeholders and professional services. Membership consists of representatives from the academic community, University Library, Corporate Information and Computing Services (CiCS) and Research and Innovation Services (R&IS).
Terms of Reference
To deliver, support and implement research data management services by:
- Providing strategic leadership and ensuring connections are made with institutional priorities and policy issues relating to research and innovation.
- Increasing the visibility of RDM within the institution and communicating with senior researchers
- Assessing the RDM service through the selection of appropriate metrics.
- Representing the University externally on RDM-related matters and influencing funder policy.
- Delivering and establishing a sustainable RDM service and advising on resource requirements.
- Assisting the Research Data Manager with prioritising institutional research data management activities.
- Identifying and helping to build appropriate partnerships for service delivery.
- Allocating staff resource to deliver on discrete strands of RDM work.
- Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to the Research Data Manager with respect to grass root perspectives, market intelligence and user feedback.
- Providing regular updates to the University Research and Innovation Committee.
- Professor Rob Freckleton, Department of Animal and Plant Sciences
- Mr Jez Cope, Research Data Manager, University Library
Representative from Faculty:
- Prof. Winston Hide, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, SITraN
- Prof. Martin Jones, Department of Geography
- Prof. David Lerner, Department of Civil and Structural Engineering
- Dr Marta Milo, Department of Biomedical Science
- Mr Michael Pidd, Digital Director at Humanities Research Institute
- Dr Andrew Narracott, Department of Cardiovascular Science
- Dr Annamaria Carusi, Department of Infection and Immunity
- Prof. Gwilym Pryce, Director at Sheffield Methods Institute
- Dr Cecile Perrault, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Representatives from Professional Services:
- Miss Tracey Clarke, Assistant Director for Academic Services, University Library
- Mr John Lewis, Research Services Librarian, University Library
- Mr John McAuley, Assistant Director for Technical Services, Corporate Information and Computing Services (CiCS)
- Ms Deborah McClean, Head of Operations and Assistant Director of Research and Innovation Services (R&IS)