Downloading references from OvidSP to EndNote
- Carry out a search
- Select the references you want to download
- Click 'Export'
- For 'Export To', the option you choose depends on whether you want to export to EndNote Online or EndNote Desktop
- Select 'RIS' to export to EndNote Online
- Select 'EndNote' to export to EndNote Desktop (EndNote Desktop has to be installed on your computer for this to work)
- Select your other preferred options - e.g. 'Fields to Display' ('Complete Reference' works best for this option)
- Click 'Export Citation(s)'
- What happens next depends on what export option you chose and also on your browser and settings. If you chose to export to EndNote Desktop, this program should open automatically and import your references
- If you chose to export to EndNote Online, save the references file when prompted to do so
- Sign in to your EndNote Online account and select 'Import References' from the 'Collect' tab
- Use 'Browse' to locate the saved file on your computer
- Select 'RefMan RIS' as the 'Import Option'
- Select a group in which to store the references
- Click 'Import'
Last updated: September 2013