What do you think about the University Library?
The Library Life Pulse Survey - open to all students - is your chance to make a difference to Library services. We’d love you to tell us what we’re getting right and what you think we could do better.
The 2019 Library Life Pulse Survey is now closed.
Thank you to everyone who took part by completing the survey. In total we received 4248 responses. Every response is valuable to us and will help us to shape the future of the Library. The highlights from the findings will be published on this page at a later date.
Staff at The University Library are committed to understanding users’ experiences of the Library. In order to do this, we are proud members of Library Life Pulse, an online survey specially developed for University Libraries in the UK. The study will track the experience of students and members of staff, as well as their perceptions and experiences of the Library itself. We’ll use the information collected to develop and plan our services for the future and act as the voice of our users.
On 10 December, you will receive your first email invitation to take part by completing the online survey. We want to hear the views of as many of our users as possible, so we hope you can spare a few minutes to help us with this important research! The survey closes at midnight on 5 January 2020.
The questionnaire is being run by an independent research agency named Alterline. You can find their General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy here: http://alterline.co.uk/GDPR
Any information you disclose will be treated in the strictest confidence and the results are anonymised, so no answers are attributable to any individuals.
If you have any questions about the research, please contact Gary Marsh
* Competition Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw for the first prize (£200 Amazon voucher) will take place on 6 January 2020. The winner will be chosen at random (using Excel) with an independent adjudicator present. The winner will be announced 6 January 2020.
- The prize draw for the runner-up prizes (ten £10 Amazon vouchers) will take place on 12 December and 19 December. Five winners will be chosen and announced on 12 December. A further five winners will be chosen and announced on 19 December. The winners will be chosen at random (using Excel) with an independent adjudicator present.
- Recipients will be asked to sign to confirm receipt of the prize upon collection from Western Bank Library.
- Winners will be contacted by email.