Guide for Government Information
The following resources are available only to members of the University. If you are not already logged in to MUSE you may need to do so:
- Public Information Online - Provides full text access to UK Parliamentary, Scottish Parliamentary, Northern Ireland Assembly, Scottish Government and Non-Parliamentary publications. Material is available from 2006/07 onwards.
- UK Parliamentary Papers - Includes papers from the 18th century (1688-1834), 19th century (1801-1900), 20th century (1901-2003/2004 session) and Hansard (1803-2005).
- Gov.uk. - The main web portal for government services and information
- UK Government web archive - Provided by the National Archives
- Legislation - Legislation (Acts and Statutory Instruments) for the United Kingdom from 1267 to the present day
- Parliament - Many Parliamentary publications available, including Hansard from 1988 and Select Committee reports from 1997
- Hansard - Available from 1803-2005, but incomplete before 1818
- Parliamentary datasets - Datasets from both Houses of Parliament. Links to all treaties in force, published by the Foreign Office
- Second Reading - House of Commons Library blog, offering an impartial and authoritative take on the latest issues and statistics
- USA.gov - Official website of the United States Government
- White House
- State & Local Government - Official US state, county and city government website
- QuickFacts - Statistics for all US states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5000 or more, provided by the US Census Bureau
If you need further information about newspapers, contact the librarian for your subject.