Why study at Sheffield? We believe that no other university has an offer like ours. Here are some of the reasons to study your MBA or EMBA with us.
Sheffield University Management School is in the global elite of business schools.
Sheffield University Management School is in the global elite of business schools worldwide due to Triple Crown accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS – an honour that has been bestowed on fewer than 100 business schools worldwide.
Russell Group institution
Only 24 universities are members of the UK’s prestigious Russell Group. We’re one of them. This means you will be taught by the Management School’s high calibre, research-active academics and benefit from cutting-edge knowledge.
We stand out, so you will too
In recent years, we’ve been Times Higher Education’s UK University of the Year (2011) and UK Number 1 for Student Experience (2014-15). In 2015 we joined their prestigious list of the World’s Top 100 Universities.
Outstanding corporate connections
We have strong relationships with a broad range of businesses and professional associations such as the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and Beta Gamma Sigma. Our professional links will provide you with easy access to a wide group of organisations and career opportunities.
- The 2020 QS World University rankings put Sheffield at 78th in the world, 13th in the UK and top in Yorkshire and the Humber.
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019 position the University at 14th in the UK and 117th in the world.
- We were ranked 14th in REF2014 (Research Excellence Framework, December 2014). Eighty-one per cent of our research is considered world leading or internationally excellent, and we are top five in the Russell Group for Research Impact.
- The Sheffield MBA has been awarded Tier 1 status in the 2020 Global MBA rankings from CEO Magazine.
- Corporate Knights 2019 Better World MBA Rankings Top 40
And there's more...
Innovation: Our offer is current, rigorous and flexible – we want our graduates to be employed, not just employable. Our world-leading, innovative approach to programmes means that students benefit from the latest thinking and working practice, every step of the way.
Unrivalled facilities: Our MBA and EMBA students are taught exclusively in the Management School’s executive suite, comprising the Middleton Lecture Theatre, the Hitchcock Boardroom and two meeting rooms. Our purpose-designed business engagement space hosts a number of events giving you the opportunity to interact with the business community. You can even take a virtual tour of the school.
Tailored support: You will exceed expectations in the competitive global job market when you graduate and our Continuous Professional Development programme will prepare you for seamlessly re-entering the workplace after you graduate.
An international experience: The Management School is an inspiring, global hub in which to study. We also provide subsidised opportunities for you to spend some time studying business overseas thanks to strong relationships with a range of top business schools both in Europe and further afield.
Postgraduate taught scholarships
Explore scholarships for postgraduate taught courses starting in 2021, including:
- 100+ scholarships worth £10,000 each for home fee paying students
- 150 scholarships worth 25 per cent of the tuition fee for international students