Dr Hanxiong Zhang
Lecturer in Financial Management
+44 114 215 7183
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Hanxiong Zhang is a Lecturer in Financial Management at the Sheffield University Management School.
He holds an MSc in Banking and Finance and PhD in Financial Economics from Newcastle University.
Before joining the Management School in March 2019, he worked as Senior Lecturer in Banking and Finance at Lincoln University (UK). Hanxiong is a CFA charterholder.
- Research interests
- Financial Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Applied Time Series Modelling
- Statistical Trading Strategies
- Financial Investment Evaluation
Hanxiong welcomes PhD applications in his research interests.
- The time-varying performance of UK analyst recommendation revisions: Do market conditions matter?. Financial Markets, Institutions and Instruments, 29(2), 65-89. View this article in WRRO
- Do momentum and reversal strategies work in commodity futures? A comprehensive study. Review of Behavioral Finance. View this article in WRRO
- Stock market manipulation in an emerging market of Turkey: How do market participants select stocks for manipulation?. Applied Economics Letters. View this article in WRRO
- On the investment value of sell-side analyst recommendation revisions in the UK. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 53(1), 257-293. View this article in WRRO
- The performance of technical trading rules in socially responsible investments. International Review of Economics and Finance. View this article in WRRO
- Is Bitcoin a hedge or safe haven for currencies? An intraday analysis. International Review of Financial Analysis, 63, 49-57. View this article in WRRO
- Pairs trading across Mainland China and Hong Kong stock markets. International Journal of Finance & Economics, 24(2), 698-726. View this article in WRRO
- Forecasting Financial Markets Using High-Frequency Trading Data: Examination with Strongly Typed Genetic Programming. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 23(1), 12-32. View this article in WRRO
- Does an aging population influence stock markets? Evidence from New Zealand. Economic Modelling, 75, 142-158. View this article in WRRO
- Performance ranking (dis)similarities in commodity markets. Global Finance Journal, 35, 115-137. View this article in WRRO
- Investigation of institutional changes in the UK housing market using structural break tests and time-varying parameter models. Empirical Economics, 53(2), 617-640. View this article in WRRO
- View this article in WRRO Do house prices overreact to relevant information? New evidence from the UK housing market. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 12(3), 33-46.
- Identification of house price bubbles using user cost in a state space model. Applied Economics, 47(56), 6088-6101. View this article in WRRO
- Teaching activities
- Postgraduate: Research Methods for Finance and Accounting (MGT6171)