Mr Jonathan Jeffery BA (Hons), MA, Hon FCT
Director of Undergraduate Education
+44 114 222 3239
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
I graduated in 2002 with a First Class Honours Degree in Business studies - specialising in finance. I have also gained an MSC in Banking and Finance and was awarded a Distinction.
Upon graduation, I worked for Rensburg Sheppard’s (Now Investec Wealth and Investment) as a Senior Investment Manager gaining a number of professional qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment.
- Research interests
I am a teaching only member of staff, but I am currently writing a book on Treasury Management and Risk to be published by Oxford University Press in 2021. I also maintain research interests in the following areas:
- Retail and Green Bonds
- Portfolio Management
- Treasury Management, focused on funding and risk
- Financial risk policy development
- Teaching activities
I am the module leader for MGT3009 (Corporate Analysis and Valuation), MGT375 (Financial Derivatives) and MGT6176 (Comparative Finance and Financial services).
I also supervise dissertations on Treasury and Risk Management, Portfolio Management and Financial Markets.
- Professional activities
I hold a number of external professional positions including:
- External consultancy work in Treasury Management for multinational companies and professional bodies
- Lead tutor and author for the Association of Corporate Treasurers CERT TF, CERT T, DipTM and AdvDipTM qualifications
- Chief Examiner and author for the London Institute of Banking and Finance RRB, FMRB and MOPR qualifications
- Executive coaching