University Teacher in Operations Management & Decisions Sciences
+44 114 222 3604
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Mr Light is both an academic and a practitioner with extensive research and professional experience in the project management, operation management and supply chain management.
Previous to joining University of Sheffield Management School, Mr Light was a lecturer at the Birmingham City University, University of the West of England and Coventry University.
Light is a research-active academic with publications in leading engineering management journals and conferences.
He is a strong believer of the positive impact of research on society, academia and scholarship. He is research active and has published in a number of highly reputable peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
He has also published a number of technical reports as part of his engagement in research consultancy, both in the UK, Mr Light also serves as an Associate Editor of An international conference connecting people in CAD research, education and business and International Conference of Information Engineering and has published in leading journals
- Research interests
His research interests cover:
- Knowledge Management
- Sustainability Research in Business Practice and CSR
- Supply Chains Management
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy Systems
- Technology Innovation in New Product Development
- Quality Management in Small and Medium Engineering Enterprises
- Management of Disruptive Innovation: the internet of things
- Operations management
- Manufacturing systems engineering
- Lean manufacture
- Project Management
- Process improvement
Conference proceedings papers
- Drivers of smart grid technology in Ghana. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 2019-October (pp 204-209)
- Barriers virtual design team knowledge sharing. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 2223 (pp 239-244)
- Barriers to knowledge sharing culture among design team. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 2223 (pp 245-250)
- ERP system implementation and tacit knowledge sharing. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 2223 (pp 251-256)
- Cultural dynamics in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation (pp 235-246)
- The impact of culture in enterprise resource planning system implementation. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 1 LNECS (pp 516-521)
- The trust factor: Design team knowledge sharing culture. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 3 LNECS (pp 1583-1588)
- Barriers to nationwide adoption of the smart grid technology in Ghana. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 3 LNECS (pp 1526-1530)
- A Framework for Understanding the Impact of Culture on Tacit Knowledge Sharing in Design Automation Teams. Proceedings of CAD'15
- A Framework for Understanding the Impact of Culture on Tacit Knowledge Sharing in Design Automation Teams. CAD'15
- A Socio-Technical View at the Conceptual Design Knowledge Sharing. Proceedings of CAD'18
- Teaching interests
Light has taught on a wide range of management related modules where he has gained extensive experience of working with both small and large groups of students at undergraduate, postgraduate level.
My role have been a facilitator that supports students in becoming self-determined learners.
Peer to peer-learning have been a core concept to facilitate active learning through shared- and development of new- ideas among peers within a group which is research-led.