Dr Nastaran Hajiheydari
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, SFHEA
Director of Business Management Programme
+44 114 215 7180
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Dr. Nastaran Hajiheydari is a Lecturer in Information and Operation Management at Sheffield University Management School, The University of Sheffield, United Kingdom. She is also the director of “Business Management Program” at the Management School
Her research focuses on Digitalization and Business Issues of Emerging Technologies, with a concentration on Strategic Business Value.
Nastaran has published in 'Journal of Business Research', 'Computers in Human Behavior', 'Information Systems Frontiers, 'Enterprise Information Management', 'Information Systems, 'Information Research', among other peer-reviewed journals.
Prior to joining Sheffield University Management School, Nastaran has worked as a Lecturer at York Business School, as a Visiting Professor at University of Valencia, and as a Tenure Associate Professor at University of Tehran, totally around 8 years.
Before starting her academic career, her 7-years professional journey was concentrated on IT Business Analysis and Enterprise Architecture Planning, and she has served as IT Consultancy Services Manager at Magfa for approximately 5 years.
Nastaran is keen to share her research and experience with industry and she has an extensive background in providing IT Management consulting services and delivering workshops to different industries including Courier Service, Securities and Exchange, Car Manufacturing, and Financial Service Providers.
She also has been a member of Venture Capital committees to assess the ICT fundraising proposals, and supervisor of several IT projects especially Enterprise Research Planning and ICT Strategic Planning projects.
- PhD in System Management, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2010 (First)
- MSc in Information Technology Management University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2004 (First)
- BSC (Hons) in Industrial Management, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran, 2001 (First)
- Research interests
Nastaran is an active researcher, who is enthusiastic in doing ground-breaking research in Digitalization and her research interest are:
- Digitalization and Digital Transformation
- Digital Business Models
- Digital Platforms and Sharing Economy
- Strategic Value of Information Systems
- Business Issues of Emergent Technologies
- Exploring the paths to big data analytics implementation success in banking and financial service: an integrated approach. Industrial Management & Data Systems. View this article in WRRO
- Why People Collaborate in Civic Crowdfunding Platforms: Configurational Analysis of Citizens Profile. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2021(1), 11960-11960.
- How human users engage with consumer robots? A dual model of psychological ownership and trust to explain post-adoption behaviours. Computers in Human Behavior, 117. View this article in WRRO
- Discovering IoT implications in business and management: A computational thematic analysis. Technovation.
- Scepticism and resistance to IoMT in healthcare: Application of behavioural reasoning theory with configurational perspective. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 169, 120807-120807.
- On-demand service platforms pro/anti adoption cognition : examining the context-specific reasons. Journal of Business Research, 121, 180-194. View this article in WRRO
- Elucidation of big data analytics in banking : a four-stage Delphi study. Journal of Enterprise Information Management. View this article in WRRO
- How to Avoid Falling into Death Spiral: Switching and Multihoming Behaviours in Two-Sided Platforms. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2020(1), 20010-20010.
- View this article in WRRO Semantic structures of business analytics research : applying text mining methods. Information Research, 25(2).
- User response to e-WOM in social networks : how to predict a content influence in Twitter. International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, 14(1), 19-47. View this article in WRRO
- Business model analytics: technically review business model research domain. foresight, 21(6), 654-679. View this article in WRRO
- Mobile application user behavior in the developing countries : a survey in Iran. Information Systems, 77, 22-33. View this article in WRRO
- Applying data mining method for marketing purpose in social networks: case of Tebyan. International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing, 8(2), 116-135. View this article in WRRO
- Factors affecting loyalty of mobile social networks' users. International Journal of E-Business Research, 13(1), 66-81. View this article in WRRO
- Proposing a basic methodology for developing balanced scorecard by system dynamics approach. Kybernetes, 44(6/7), 1049-1066. View this article in WRRO
- Correction to: Modelling the Asymmetrical Relationships between Digitalisation and Sustainable Competitiveness: A Cross-Country Configurational Analysis. Information Systems Frontiers.
- Modelling the asymmetrical relationships between digitalisation and sustainable competitiveness : a cross-country configurational analysis. Information Systems Frontiers. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- View this article in WRRO The configurational impact of digital transformation on sustainability: a country-level perspective. ECIS2020 Proceedings. Marrakech, Morocco (Virtual conference)
- IoT big data value map : how to generate value from IoT data. ICSLT 2019: Proceedings of the 2019 the 5th International Conference on e-Society, e-Learning and e-Technologies. Vienna, Austria, 10 January 2019 - 12 January 2019. View this article in WRRO
- Optimizing humanitarian aids : formulating influencer advertisement in social networks. Collaborative Networks of Cognitive Systems, Vol. 534 (pp 101-110). Cardiff, UK, 17 September 2018 - 19 September 2018. View this article in WRRO
- Research group
- Information Management and Decision Sciences
Based on her widespread industrial experience, Nastaran’s applied research has been funded by different institutes and organizations as follow:
- Principal Investigator of “Conceptual Design of Marketing Information System” Iran National Science Foundation (2016)
- Principal Investigator of “IT Master Planning for Bank Maskan applying Enterprise Architecture Approach” in Bank Maskan (2014-2015)
- Principal Investigator of “Identifying and modelling the executive process of research projects and providing a desirable and comprehensive research process for implementation at national level” Iran National Science Foundation 2013
- Project Manager of “Isfahan Province ICT Master Plan” (2010-2011)
- Principal Investigator of “Determination of Eligible Method for Pricing and Valuation of Know How in IDRO (2009-2010)
- Project Manager of “Market Research in ICT field and Determining Profitable Investment Opportunities” IDRO (2004-2005)
- Teaching interests
Nastaran's objective as a teacher is to motivate her students to develop their learning interests and critical thinking—to establish a learner-centered environment in the classroom.
She follows active and collaborative learning approaches, and selects the content and activities that are both significant and thought-provoking so that students are stimulated to think about challenging issues and feel involved in their own learning process.
Similarly, in class activities and discussions, she facilitates and helps students to focus on applications and problem-solving skills.
Dr. Hajiheydari is ambitious about supervising passionate and hardworking PhD students who are interested in Business Issues in Digital Era.
Her current research focuses on emerging technologies such as big data, blockchain, and Internet of Things and their contribution to value creation in businesses and for users.
She is interested in the concept of digitalization as general and digital platforms and sharing economy as special, to understand both digital business model and users’ behavioural intention.
Investigating the strategic value of information technologies in the business context and the effect of digital transformation in competitive advantage actualization is her other area of interest.
She is also interested in and committed to working collaboratively across the schools to chase multi-disciplinary opportunities.
- Teaching activities
Nastaran is currently the Module Leader for MGT218 Business Intelligence and she co-teaches in MGT6227 The Intelligent Organization for MBA students.
Based on her former experience, she is qualified to teach the following headlines:
- Contemporary Issues in the Digital Era
- Management Information systems
- E-Business and E-Commerce
- IT Project Management
- Professional activities
Honours and awards
- Rank 1st among Outstanding Graduates of B.S in University of Isfahan 2001
- Rank 1st among Outstanding Graduates of M.S and PhD in University of Tehran 2004 and 2010
- Top Industrial grant in faculty of Management of University of Tehran in 2014
- Winner of Applied Research Project Award in University of Tehran 2016
Selected Journal Publications:
- Soltani Delgosha, M. & Hajiheydari, N. How Human Users Engage with Consumer Robots? A Dual Model of Psychological Ownership and Trust to Explain Post-adoption Behaviours. Journal of Computers in Human Behavior, 106660.
- Delgosha, M. S. & Hajiheydari, N. (2020) On-demand service platforms pro/anti adoption cognition: Examining the context-specific reasons, Journal of Business Research, Vol 121. 180-194.
- Delgosha, M. S., Hajiheydari, N. & Fahimi, S.M., (2020) Elucidation of big data analytics in banking: a four-stage Delphi study. Journal of Enterprise Information Management. DOI 10.1108/JEIM-03-2019-0097. Read it on WRO
- Delgosha, M. S., Saheb, T., & Hajiheydari, N. (2020). Modelling the asymmetrical relationships between digitalisation and sustainable competitiveness: a cross-country configurational analysis. Information Systems Frontiers, 1-21. Read it on WRO
- Delgosha, M. S., Hajiheydari, N., & Saadeatmantesh, H. (2020) Semantic structures of business analytics research: applying text mining methods. Information Research, 25 (2).
- Dahka, Z.Y., Hajiheydari, N., & Rouhani, S. (2020) User response to e-WOM in social networks: how to predict a content influence in Twitter. International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising. 14 (1), 91-111.
- Hajiheydari N., Talafidaryani M., Khabiri S. Salehi M (2019) Business Model Analytics: Technically Review Business Model Research Domain. Foresight. 21(6), 654-679.
- Hajiheydari, N, and Ashkani. M., (2018) Mobile Application Users’ Behavior in the Developing Countries: A Survey in Iran, Journal Information Systems. Vol.77. 22-33
- Hajiheydari, N, Hazaveh,B. Ashkani, M. (2017) Factors Affecting Loyalty of Mobile Social Networks' Users, International Journal of E-Business Research (IJEBR). 13(1). 66-81
- Sharifian. H., Danesh. M., & Hajiheydari, N. (2017) Applying data mining method for marketing purpose in social networks: Case of Tebyan. International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing. 8(2). 116-135
- Khakbaz, S.B, & Hajiheydari, N. (2015), Proposing a Basic Methodology for Developing Balanced Scorecard by System Dynamics Approach, Kybernetes. 44(6), 1049-1066.
- Hajiheydari, N, & Zarei KorKAbad.B. (2013) Developing and Manipulating Business Model Applying System Dynamic Approach. Journal of Modelling in Management, 8(2), 18-42.
Selected Conference Papers
- Hajiheydari, N., Delgosha, M. S., (2020). How to Avoid Falling into Death Spiral: Switching and Multihoming Behaviours in Two-Sided Platforms. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2020
- Delgosha, M. S., Hajiheydari, N., & Saheb, T. (2020). The Configurational Impact of Digital Transformation on Sustainability: a Country-Level Perspective. European Conference of Information systems 2020.
- Hajiheydari, N., Delgosha, M.S., Talafidaryani, M. IS Research Theoretical Foundation: Theories Used and the Future Path, International Conference on Research and Practical Issues of Enterprise Information Systems CONFENIS 2019, Prague, Czech Republic,16-17 December
- Hajiheydari, N., Talafidaryani, M. & Khabiri S.H., Toward a Knowledge Sharing-Aimed Virtual Enterprise,7th World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, Galicia, Spain, 16 - 19 April 2019.
- Hajiheydari, N., Talafidaryani, M. & Khabiri S.H., Big data IoT Value Map: How to Generate Value from IoT Data, The 2nd International Conference on Information Management and Processing, Laxenburg, Austria, January 10-12, 2019
- Hajiheydari, N., Salehi, M. & Goudarzi, A. Optimizing Humanitarian Aids: Formulating Influencer Advertisement in Social Networks, PRO-VE 2018 Cardiff, UK, September 17-19, 2018
- Hajiheydari, N., Hazaveh,B. & Ashkani, M Sustainable selection of high-speed internet services: affected by internal and external factors (reputation and quality) Third International Conference on Web Research, Tehran, April 19-20, 2017
- Tabatabaei, Fahimeh, & Hajiheydari, N. Big Data Tools, Techniques and Technologies Looking at Insights in Smart Cities. 7th International Knowledge Management, Tehran, February 18-20, 2015.
- Zangenehnejad. N., & Hajiheydari, N. An investigation into factors influencing learners’ participation in E-learning. ICELET 2012, Tehran, February 14-15, 2012.
- Dabaghkashani, Z., Hajiheydari, N. & Haghighi nasab, M., A Success Model for Business Process Management Implementation. 2010 International Conference on Future Information Technology-ICFIT 2010, Changsha, December 14-15, 2010.
- Hajiheydari, N, & Mehravani, S. ITIL Adoption Critical Success Factors: Applying Meta-synthesis Approach. 2010 International Conference on Future Information Technology-ICFIT 2010, Changsha, January 14-14, 2011.