Dr Nastaran Hajiheydari
University Teacher in Information and Operations Management
+44 114 215 7180
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Dr. Nastaran Hajiheydari is a University Teacher of Information and Operation Management at Sheffield University Management School, The University of Sheffield, United Kingdom. She is also the director of “Business Management Program” at the Management School
Her research focuses on Digitalization and Business Issues of Emerging Technologies, with a concentration on Strategic Business Value.
Nastaran has published in “Information Systems”, “International Journal of E-Business Research”, “Information Research”, “International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing”, “International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising”, and “Foresight”.
Prior to joining Sheffield University Management School, Nastaran has worked as a Lecturer at York Business School, as a Visiting Professor at University of Valencia, and as a Tenure Associate Professor at University of Tehran, totally around 8 years.
Before starting her academic career, her 7-years professional journey was concentrated on IT Business Analysis and Enterprise Architecture Planning, and she has served as IT Consultancy Services Manager at Magfa for approximately 5 years.
Nastaran is keen to share her research and experience with industry and she has an extensive background in providing IT Management consulting services and delivering workshops to different industries including Courier Service, Securities and Exchange, Car Manufacturing, and Financial Service Providers.
She also has been a member of Venture Capital committees to assess the ICT fundraising proposals, and supervisor of several IT projects especially Enterprise Research Planning and ICT Strategic Planning projects.
- PhD in System Management, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2010
- MSc in Information Technology Management University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2004
- BA in Industrial Management, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran, 2001
- Research interests
Nastaran is an active researcher, who is enthusiastic in doing ground-breaking research in Digitalization and her research interest are:
- Digitalization and Digital Transformation
- Digital Business Models
- Digital Platforms and Sharing Economy
- Strategic Value of Information Systems
- Business Issues of Emergent Technologies
- Research group
Dr. Hajiheydari is ambitious about supervising passionate and hardworking PhD students who are interested in Business Issues in Digital Era.
Her current research focuses on emerging technologies such as big data, blockchain, and Internet of Things and their contribution to value creation in businesses and for users.
She is interested in the concept of digitalization as general and digital platforms and sharing economy as special, to understand both digital business model and users’ behavioural intention.
Investigating the strategic value of information technologies in the business context and the effect of digital transformation in competitive advantage actualization is her other area of interest.
She is also interested in and committed to working collaboratively across the schools to chase multi-disciplinary opportunities.
Based on her widespread industrial experience, Nastaran’s applied research has been funded by different institutes and organizations as follow:
- Principal Investigator of “Conceptual Design of Marketing Information System” Iran National Science Foundation (2016)
- Principal Investigator of “IT Master Planning for Bank Maskan applying Enterprise Architecture Approach” in Bank Maskan (2014-2015)
- Principal Investigator of “Identifying and modelling the executive process of research projects and providing a desirable and comprehensive research process for implementation at national level” Iran National Science Foundation 2013
- Project Manager of “Isfahan Province ICT Master Plan” (2010-2011)
- Principal Investigator of “Determination of Eligible Method for Pricing and Valuation of Know How in IDRO (2009-2010)
- Project Manager of “Market Research in ICT field and Determining Profitable Investment Opportunities” IDRO (2004-2005)
- Teaching interests
Nastaran's objective as a teacher is to motivate her students to develop their learning interests and critical thinking—to establish a learner-centered environment in the classroom.
She follows active and collaborative learning approaches, and selects the content and activities that are both significant and thought-provoking so that students are stimulated to think about challenging issues and feel involved in their own learning process.
Similarly, in class activities and discussions, she facilitates and helps students to focus on applications and problem-solving skills.
- Teaching activities
Nastaran is currently the Module Leader for MGT218 Business Intelligence and she co-teaches in MGT6227 The Intelligent Organization for MBA students.
Based on her former experience, she is qualified to teach the following headlines:
- Contemporary Issues in the Digital Era
- Management Information systems
- E-Business and E-Commerce
- T Project Management
- Professional activities
Honours and awards
- Rank 1st among Outstanding Graduates of B.S in University of Isfahan 2001
- Rank 1st among Outstanding Graduates of M.S and PhD in University of Tehran 2004 and 2010
- Top Industrial grant in faculty of Management of University of Tehran in 2014
- Winner of Applied Research Project Award in University of Tehran 2016