Professor Yvonne Beach
Chair in Management Education
Associate Dean for Strategic and Executive Partnerships
+44 114 222 3334
Full contact details
Western Bank Villa
300-302 Western Bank
Yvonne is responsible for the development of valued added strategic & executive partnerships including the third sector, corporates, industry, policy makers and professional bodies.
In addition, Yvonne leads the Executive & Professional Education portfolio of the Sheffield University Management School with the aim to equip and deepen the understanding of leadership and management, focused on professional and executive education which will support career progression.
This is delivered through a variety of professional development pathways, from degree and higher-level apprenticeships, MBAs, EMBAs and post-experience MSc programmes to short courses and bespoke in-house solutions.
Yvonne is a professional senior project manager delivering strategic projects and managing a portfolio of continuous improvement and organisational change projects which drive through the necessary changes to deliver strategic intent whilst focused on stakeholders.
In addition, Yvonne delivers professional guest lectures, coaching and consultancy with organisations within and outside Higher Education organisations.
- Research interests
My research interests are located in organisational studies with a particular interest in complex organisational change projects with a focus on socio-political dynamics.
Conference proceedings papers
- Socio-political Dynamics in the Pre-initiation Phase of Organisational Change Projects: Approaching Projects as a Contested and Negotiated Space. Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 100 (pp 298-304) View this article in WRRO
- View this article in WRRO The Socio-political dynamics and complexity of organisational change projects: A research agenda. Project Managemement Development - Practice and Perspectives. University of Latvia, 14 April 2016 - 15 April 2016.
- View this article in WRRO Transforming the boundaries of project management: A critique of disciplinary assumptions and mental traps. Thriving in Turbulent times, 6 September 2016 - 8 September 2016.
- Professional activities
- Lean Six Sigma (Services) Black Belt
- Lean Practitioner
- Prince2 Practitioner
- Beach Y, 2016. The socio-political dynamics and complexity of organisational change projects: A research agenda. 5th International Scientific Practical Conference on Project Management in the Baltic States, Project Management Development – Practice and Perspectives (ISSN 2256-0513).
- Beach, Y. and Coule, T. (2016) Transforming the boundaries of project management: A critique of disciplinary assumptions and mental traps. In: Thriving in Turbulent times. 30th Annual Conference at the British Academy of Management 2016, 6 - 8 Sep 2016, Newcastle, UK. (In Press)
- Beach, Y. and Coule, T. (2016) Socio-political dynamics and complexity of organisational change projects: Approaching projects as a contested and negotiated space. In: Procedia Computer Science. ProjMAN - International Conference on Project Management, 5 - 7 Oct 2016, Porto, Portugal. Elsevier . (In Press)