Dr Ben Lowe
Post-Doctoral Research Associate
+44 114 222 3269
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
I joined the Operations Management and Decision Sciences division within the Management School in 2014 as an ESRC funded Doctoral Researcher.
Prior to this, I completed my MBA - also at Sheffield - and worked professionally for several years in corporate and project finance, including senior roles.
I also hold a Masters degree in International Studies and a Bachelors degree in Economics and Politics.
- Research interests
My research interests centre on natural capital valuation and environmental finance. My current focus is looking at the economic and social value of the freshwater resources that are consumed and degraded along global agri-food supply chains, and how the application of such values can lead to supply chain optimisation.
- Is efficiency enough for circular economy?. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 167. View this article in WRRO
- Circular economy and the transition to a sustainable society : integrated assessment methods for a new paradigm. Circular Economy and Sustainability.
- Comparing the economic value of virtual water with volumetric and stress-weighted approaches : a case for the tea supply chain. Ecological Economics, 172. View this article in WRRO
- Shifting from volume to economic value in virtual water allocation problems : a proposed new framework and methodology. Journal of Environmental Management. View this article in WRRO
- Dataset on the in-stream and off-stream economic value of water. Data in Brief. View this article in WRRO
- Marrying Unmarried Literatures: The Water Footprint and Environmental (Economic) Valuation. Water MDPI, 10(12). View this article in WRRO