Dr Seyed M Ebrahimi
Knowledge Exchange Fellow
+44 114 222 3363
Full contact details
Research associates office, Level E
Sheffield University Management School
Dr Seyed M Ebrahimi, is a post-doctoral researcher in the fields of sustainable operations and supply chain management.
He holds a PhD in supply chain management from the University of Sheffield, looking at the impact of Supply Chain Integration On Organization Structure and Operational Performance in Oil and Gas Supply Chains.
His academic qualifications also include a Masters in Internatinal business from the University of Sheffield and BA in Information Communication Technology from Universiti Teknologi Petronas.
He has published several papers in leading international journals such as International Journal of Operations & Production Management and academy of Management conferences.
He was involved in the Programme for Simulation Innovation and funded by the EPSRC and Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), the Management School at The University of Sheffield and performed environmental Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) on a number of critical components.
He is an active member and contributor to the Centre for Energy, Environment and Sustainability (CEES), the Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) research Centre, and the Advanced Resource Efficiency center (AREC).
In April 2018, Seyed Joined the N8 Agri-Food Project as a Knowledge Exchange Fellow. His current role focuses on the applications of Blockchains, AI, Machine learning and IoT in optimising Agri food supply chains.
- Research interests
- Low-carbon/green supply chain
- environmental sustainability
- circular economy
- life cycle assessment/costing
- resource efficiency/sustainability
- strategic management
- organisational structure/culture
- energy retrofits technologies
- risk and uncertainty management
- energy security
- Manufacturing sustainability: Institutional theory and life cycle thinking. Journal of Cleaner Production, 298. View this article in WRRO
- Structure-integration relationships in oil and gas supply chains. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. View this article in WRRO
- Conceptualizing a circular framework of supply chain resource sustainability. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 37(10), 1520-1540. View this article in WRRO
- Improving retail supply flexibility using buyer-supplier relational capabilities. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 37(3), 343-362. View this article in WRRO
- Integrated resource efficiency: measurement and management. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 36(11), 1576-1600. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Retail Supply Chain Flexibility: The Mediating Role of Inter-organizational Learning Drivers. Academy of Management Proceedings, Vol. 2015(1) (pp 16659-16659)