Miss Azar Mahmoum Gonbadi
Production Planning Expert
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
My name is Azar, an ESR at the University of Sheffield. I hold a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from Urmia University (Iran). In my MSc dissertation, I developed a fuzzy expert system for prioritization of heterogeneous customers with different needs. After my graduation, and before joining ReTraCE as an ESR, I worked as a Production Planning expert at Orum Sanat Saman, a company active in the automotive industry in Iran.
As an Early Stage Researcher based at USFD (UK), I will focus on practical problems arising in closed-loop supply chains, where product returns and recovery are possible through several modes. A mathematical model for handling such situations will be developed, along with a meta-heuristic algorithm aimed at dealing with large and complex instances coming from real-world problems.
- Research interests
- Production, Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Supply chain and logistics management,
- Production and distribution systems,
- Resource allocation,
- Circular Economy,
- Closed-loop supply chain network design,
- Data mining.
- Operations Research
- Multiple criteria decision making,
- Robust optimisation.
- Closed-loop supply chain design for the transition towards a circular economy: A systematic literature review of methods, applications and current gaps. Journal of Cleaner Production, 129101-129101.
- A generic two-stage fuzzy inference system for dynamic prioritization of customers. Expert Systems with Applications, 131, 240-253. View this article in WRRO
Marie-Curie Scholarship, European's Union Horizon 2020