Visiting Scholars Policy
The Management School welcomes applications from all those wishing to be a Visiting Scholar to the School.
- Applicants must make their application at least 6 months before the proposed commencement of their visit on the appropriate form.
- All applicants must have a staff sponsor inside the School – a member of the academic staff whose area of expertise is related to that of the applicant.
- All applicants must propose a plan of research for the duration of their visit, preferably one which involves collaboration with a member of staff and which would contribute to the research objectives of the School.
- The School welcomes applications from candidates who are not currently employed in academic institutions, but whose work experience would enable them to offer valuable input for particular research projects.
- Applications may be made at any time of the year and for any length of period not exceeding one year. However, the length of period applied for should be correlated with the demands of the plan of research.
- Successful applicants will be allocated a courtesy desk.
- Successful applicants will be accorded the title of either Visiting Scholar or Visiting Professor as is appropriate to each case. This appointment does not carry any remuneration from the university.