Why study at Sheffield? We believe that no other university has an offer like ours. Here are some of the reasons to study your MBA or EMBA with us:
Sheffield University Management School is in the global elite of business schools worldwide
Sheffield University Management School is in the global elite of business schools worldwide due to Triple Crown accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS – an honour that has been bestowed on less than 90 business schools worldwide.
Russell Group institution
Only 24 universities are members of the UK’s prestigious Russell Group. We’re one of them. This means you will be taught by the Management School’s high calibre, research-active academics and benefit from cutting-edge knowledge.
We stand out, so you will too
In recent years, we’ve been Times Higher Education’s UK University of the Year (2011) and UK Number 1 for Student Experience (2014-15). In 2015 we joined their prestigious list of the World’s Top 100 Universities.
Outstanding corporate connections
We have strong relationships with a broad range of businesses and professional associations such as the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), the Institute of Consulting (IC) and Beta Gamma Sigma. Our professional links will provide you with easy access to a wide group of organisations and career opportunities.
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 position the University at 13th in the UK and 104th in the world.
- The QS World University rankings put Sheffield at 75th in 2018.
- We were ranked 14th in REF2014 (Research Excellence Framework, December 2014). Eighty-one per cent of our research is considered world leading or internationally excellent, and we are top five in the Russell Group for Research Impact.
- The Sheffield MBA has been awarded Tier 1 status in the 2015 rankings from CEO Magazine.
- The Sunday Times University Guide 2018 lists Sheffield at 21th in the UK. This league table is drawn up from criteria including student satisfaction, teaching and research quality, degree results achieved, student-staff ratios and graduate unemployment levels.
And there's more...
Innovation: Our offer is current, rigorous and flexible – we want our graduates to be employed, not just employable. Our world-leading, innovative approach to programmes means that students benefit from the latest thinking and working practice, every step of the way.
Unrivalled facilities: Our MBA and EMBA students are taught exclusively in the Management School’s executive suite, comprising the Middleton Lecture Theatre, the Hitchcock Boardroom and two meeting rooms. Our purpose-designed business engagement space hosts a number of events giving you the opportunity to interact with the business community. Click here to take a virtual tour of the school.
Tailored support: You will exceed expectations in the competitive global job market when you graduate and our Continuous Professional Development programme will prepare you for seamlessly re-entering the workplace after you graduate.
An international experience: The Management School is an inspiring, global hub in which to study. We also provide subsidised opportunities for you to spend some time studying business overseas thanks to strong relationships with a range of top business schools both in Europe and further afield.