Why choose Sheffield?
The University of Sheffield is a truly international environment with nearly 25,000 students from 117 countries. With a history stretching back to 1879, it is one of the UK’s leading universities and, as part of the Russell Group, is renowned for its research and teaching excellence.
Sheffield University Management School is one of the university’s largest departments. We are in the top one per cent of business schools worldwide, having been awarded a Triple Crown accreditation from the three major international accreditation bodies – AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA.
Sheffield offers a low cost of living but a very high quality of life. Its proximity to the Peak District and position right in the centre of the country (London by train is around two-and-a-half hours) means that our students benefit from the best of both worlds. It is a friendly, tolerant, safe and welcoming city where we are confident you will be very happy.
A thriving cultural scene and the availability of outdoor activities close to campus lead students to enjoy an active, varied life when they are not studying. However, the University of Sheffield’s academic facilities – such as the Information Commons which is open 24-hours-a-day, 365 days a year – mean that independent study is also a pleasant and rewarding experience.
Student experience and employability
- Sheffield University Management School has full-time careers staff based in our Employability Hub – this means that students are always able to receive advice on vital employability matters such as placements, internships, job applications and interview techniques.
- Teaching quality assessments rate our teaching very highly across a wide range of subjects, and official research assessments confirm our reputation as a centre for world-class research in many disciplines.
- The Triple Crown accredited status of Sheffield University Management School recognises academic quality, an integrated international approach and a well-developed business engagement strategy.
- In our most recent graduate survey, 97 per cent of our UK graduates were in employment within six months of qualifying.
- Our Triple Crown accreditation places Sheffield University Management School in the top one per cent of business schools in the world. Of 16,000 business and management schools worldwide granting business degrees, fewer than 100 have received the Triple Crown accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS, the three largest and most influential business school accreditation bodies.
- Sheffield University Management School was ranked at 14th in REF2014. Eighty-one per cent of our research is considered world leading or internationally excellent, and we are top five in the Russell Group for Research Impact.
- The Sunday Times University Guide 2016 lists Sheffield at 21st in the UK. This league table is drawn up from criteria including student satisfaction, teaching and research quality, degree results achieved, student-staff ratios and graduate unemployment levels.
- The QS World University Rankings 2018 put the University of Sheffield at 13th best university in the UK and 82nd in the world.
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017 position the university at 109th in the world.
Professional and academic accreditations
Our high quality teaching and research is recognised by independent professional bodies, ensuring the professional and academic value of your qualification.
Sheffield University Management School Masters programmes have professional accreditation from a large number of professional bodies and organisations. For details, visit our Accreditations page.