Web/digital guidelines and help
Here you can find information about the University homepage editorial policy, how to submit your ideas and its purpose, style and aims.
Content Management System (CMS)
The Content Management System (CMS) should be used for all public-facing University web pages unless technically not possible. CiCS and Marketing should be consulted to clarify the suitability or otherwise of CMS for specific purposes.
CiCS provides CMS training. You must attend training before you can gain access to any CMS pages on the live site.
A dedicated CMS support website has been created, which contains information about:
- How to request training and gain access to the CMS
- General CMS usage guidelines with a detailed breakdown of the templates
- Advice on producing an effective website, including writing for the web and image usage
- Guidelines on usability and accessibility
- Information about usability testing and search engine optimisation
- FAQs (glossary of terms, general CMS queries, technical CMS queries)
Who to contact
CiCS is the main point of contact for CMS-related queries, including:
- CMS training
- Technical problems
- Technical development
Web Marketing can help with editorial and style issues, including writing for the web.