Key initiatives within the Materials Science and Engineering Department are focused on promoting equality within our workplace, and developing an inclusive and thriving environment for all our students and staff.
- Founding of Researchers Forum, to promote Career Development and Networking within our PDRA, Research Fellow and Early Career Path Academics community.
- E & D Website development
- Review of staff E & D training
- Athena Swan Bronze Award for Materials Science & Engineering
- Departmental Review of gender equality
- UG Admissions and Outreach activities
- Founding of Successful Women in Materials (SWIM) action to promote female Career Development and Networking within Materials Science and Engineering.
- Preparation for Athena Swan Accreditation
- First networking events