Information for University of Sheffield students

If you are a Sheffield student taking the four-year MMath degree, you can spend one or two semesters of your third year studying at another University in Europe. These student exchanges are part of the Erasmus (European Action Scheme for Mobility of University Students) programme.

This exchange scheme only covers study at one of our partner universities in Europe, and you are required to have adequate knowledge of the language of your chosen country before you go. You can only go abroad during the third year of the four-year MMath programme – students on dual degrees are not eligible for the Erasmus programme.

Under the Erasmus scheme, you can only go to a partner university that we have a bilateral exchange agreement with. This ensures that details such as tuition fees and additional grants are handled under funded EU programmes.

For more information, contact Dr Tobias Berger:

Erasmus at the University of Sheffield

Partner universities

An up-to-date list of our partner universities an be found on the University of Sheffield's Erasmus webpages:

Exchange universities

If you are interested in spending a year abroad in Australia, Canada or the USA, visit the University of Sheffield's Study Abroad webpages:

Study Abroad

If you are a student from another institution and you are interested in studying in Sheffield for your Erasmus exchange, visit our webpages for international students:

Erasmus for international students