Senior Research Support Officer
- Responsible for the financial management of research grants and projects and maintain appropriate records in relation to research finance.
- Assist with the management of EU grant coordination project.
- Review, monitor and report on research activity to Grant Holders.
- Maintain appropriate records in relation to research grant administration within the Department.
- Maintain timesheets for UoS staff employed on relevant projects.
- Provide financial and other management information in relation to research accounts and forecasting to the relevant Principal Investigator, Research Finance and Department Administration Manager.
- Maintain and develop Department research grant and google site web pages, including electronic archiving.
- Generate reports to update and maintain grant and publications data for all staff on a regular basis.
- Assist with e-Recruitment activities and induction in the absence of the PA to the Head of Department.
- Organise and host occasional visits to the Department from funding bodies, or potential industrial partners.
- Disseminate relevant information across the Research Support Team.
- Undertake committee servicing for Research Committee.
- Service other committee and team meetings as required.
- Work closely with grant-funded administrators to ensure Department and Faculty initiatives are followed for all grants held by Department PIs.
- Assist with financial year-end procedures.