SITraN Multiomics Facility
The facility was initially set up as an Affymetrix accredited laboratory to run an Affymetrix Gene Chip Microarray system.
More recently we have developed and offer Oxford Nanopore Technologies long read sequencing on our GridION and MinION platforms. In addition, we now also offer gene expression profiling on our Nanostring nCounter SPRINT.
Principal equipment in the facility
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies GridION and MinION
- Key applications include long read whole genome sequencing, RNA (both direct and cDNA) sequencing, plasmid/viral vector sequencing, 16S
- Nanostring nCounter SPRINT Profiler
- Key applications include amplification free gene expression analysis and CNV analysis
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyser
- RNA integrity, DNA fragment length and sequencing library analysis
- Nanodrop spectrophotometer and Qubit
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.