Medical School Annual Research Meeting - Poster Sessions
Poster Presentation Guidelines:
- Poster boards are provided measuring 4ft wide by 6ft high. This is the size of the board and posters should fit into these dimensions. At the event, poster boards will have presenter names displayed.
- It is the responsibility of the presenter to organise and cover costs of poster printing and bring Velcro/pins.
Poster Presentation Times
Poster presenters must report to the Octagon Centre on Thursday 14 June between 09:00 – 11:00 to register, collect their delegate badge, hang their poster and collect a card to enter the trade stand passport competition. During the two day meeting (2018) there will be 3 poster sessions:
- Themed Poster Tours – Thursday 14 June 2018, 11:00 – 13:00: The Medicine, Dentistry & Health Research Staff Association (MDHRSA) & Medical Postgraduate Society (MPGS) are organising a series of poster tours on research ‘hot topics’ e.g. in vivo models, therapy etc. Individuals will be e-mailed separately by a MDHRSA/MPGS representative if their poster is selected to be in a designated tour. If not, you are still welcome to register to attend a poster tour.
- Bay Tours – Thursday 14 June 2018, 17:00 – 18:00: Individuals will be cordially invited to join a tour host along with the rest of the poster presenters in their ‘bay’ (10 posters per bay). Each presenter will be asked to summarise their poster in 3 minutes, and receive up to 2 minutes of questions. A wine reception is incorporated into these tours.
- Main Poster Session & 2nd Year Postgraduate Assessment – Friday 15 June 2017, 13:30 – 15:00: Poster presenters will be required to stand by their poster between 13:30 – 15:00 (and will be allocated either 13:30 – 14:15 or 14:15 – 15:00 which will be confirmed upon arrival on the day). During this period, delegates will be visiting posters. 2nd Year PGR Students will be allocated an assessment time of either 13:30 – 14:15/14:15 – 15:00 (further details will be sent from the Postgraduate Administration Team).