Dr Robin Young
MBChB, MRCP, MSc, PhD
Department of Oncology and Metabolism
Senior Clinical Fellow
+44 114 226 5000
Full contact details
Department of Oncology and Metabolism
Room 226, Broomcross Building
Weston Park Hospital
I graduated from the University of Edinburgh in 1999. I moved to Sheffield in 2006 to undertake specialist medical oncology training, including three years as a Yorkshire Cancer Research clinical research fellow at the University of Sheffield. I was appointed a consultant medical oncologist at Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield in 2015.
My clinical and research interests involve sarcoma and colorectal cancer. I am the principal investigator for Sheffield on a number of national and international clinical trials. My research interests focus on the role of the tumour microenvironment including the potential of vascular targeted therapy.
- Interplay between whole-genome doubling and the accumulation of deleterious alterations in cancer evolution. Nature Genetics, 52(3), 283-293.
- The sarcoma diagnostic interval: a systematic review on length, contributing factors and patient outcomes. ESMO Open, 5(1). View this article in WRRO
- Health-related quality of life in patients with advanced soft tissue sarcomas treated with chemotherapy: The HOLISTIC study. Annals of Oncology, 30, v709-v709.
- P2.01-08 Clinical Trial in Progress: CONCORDE - A Phase 1B Study of Novel Agents in Combination with Conventional Radiotherapy in NSCLC. Journal of Thoracic Oncology, 14(10), S641-S642.
- Atezolizumab with or without cobimetinib versus regorafenib in previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer (IMblaze370): a multicentre, open-label, phase 3, randomised, controlled trial. The Lancet Oncology, 20(6), 849-861.
- Impact of Concomitant Administration of Gastric Acid–Suppressive Agents and Pazopanib on Outcomes in Soft-Tissue Sarcoma Patients Treated within the EORTC 62043/62072 Trials. Clinical Cancer Research, 25(5), 1479-1485. View this article in WRRO
- Neoantigen-directed immune escape in lung cancer evolution. Nature, 567(7749), 479-485.
- Étude des communications cellulaires et de l’hétérogénéité tumorale par approches microfluidiques. Morphologie, 102(338), 154-154.
- Anti-angiogenic therapies for the treatment of angiosarcoma: a clinical update. memo - Magazine of European Medical Oncology, 10(4), 190-193. View this article in WRRO
- Predictive and prognostic factors associated with soft tissue sarcoma response to chemotherapy: a subgroup analysis of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer 62012 study. Acta Oncologica, 56(7), 1013-1020. View this article in WRRO
- Efficacy of eribulin in breast cancer: a short report on the emerging new data. OncoTargets and Therapy, Volume 10, 773-779. View this article in WRRO
- The Challenges of Detecting Circulating Tumor Cells in Sarcoma. Frontiers in Oncology, 6. View this article in WRRO
- Absence of progression, not extent of tumour shrinkage, defines prognosis in soft-tissue sarcoma – An analysis of the EORTC 62012 study of the EORTC STBSG. European Journal of Cancer, 64, 44-51.
- Eribulin in soft-tissue sarcoma. The Lancet, 387(10028), 1594-1596. View this article in WRRO
- First-line anthracycline-based chemotherapy for angiosarcoma and other soft tissue sarcoma subtypes: Pooled analysis of eleven European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group trials. European Journal of Cancer, 50(18), 3178-3186.
- Angiogenic growth factor expression in benign and malignant vascular tumours.. Exp Mol Pathol, 97(1), 148-153.
- Vascular-targeted agents for the treatment of angiosarcoma.. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol, 73(2), 259-270.
- Zoledronic acid to prevent and treat cancer metastasis: new prospects for an old drug.. Future Oncol, 9(5), 633-643.
- Analysis of circulating angiogenic biomarkers from patients in two phase III trials in lung cancer of chemotherapy alone or chemotherapy and thalidomide.. Br J Cancer, 106(6), 1153-1159. View this article in WRRO
- Anti-angiogenic therapy: concept to clinic.. Microcirculation, 19(2), 115-125.
- Angiosarcoma.. Lancet Oncol, 11(10), 983-991.
- Angiosarcoma. The Lancet Oncology, 11(10), 983-991.
Conference proceedings papers
- Health-related quality of life in patients with advanced soft tissue sarcomas treated with chemotherapy: The HOLISTIC study. ANNALS OF ONCOLOGY, Vol. 30
- Simulation of Si nanowire quantum-dot devices for authentication. 2019 Joint International EUROSOI Workshop and International Conference on Ultimate Integration on Silicon (EUROSOI-ULIS), 1 April 2019 - 3 April 2019.
- The North Trent experience of administering pembrolizumab to previously treated patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer, Vol. 115(Suppl 1) (pp S35-S35), 24 January 2018 - 26 January 2018. View this article in WRRO
- Management and outcomes of patients with small cell lung cancer in North Trent. Lung Cancer, Vol. 115 (pp S73-S73) View this article in WRRO
- 3401 Absence of progression, not extent of remission defines prognosis in soft tissue sarcoma - an analysis of the EORTC 62012 study. European Journal of Cancer, Vol. 51 (pp S688-S688)
- 3434 A UK national phase I/II clinical trial of a MEK1/2 inhibitor combined with highly active anti-retroviral therapy for HIV-associated Kaposi's sarcoma. European Journal of Cancer, Vol. 51 (pp S699-S699)
- Blood transfusion requirements of NSCLC patients receiving chemotherapy in the BTOG2 trial. LUNG CANCER, Vol. 79 (pp S15-S16)
- Targeting VEGF in Human Angiosarcoma Cell Lines in Vitro. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CANCER, Vol. 47 (pp S665-S665)
- Functional studies in two angiosarcoma cell lines. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY, Vol. 29(15)
- Professional activities
- EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group – Young Oncologist
- Joint Steering Committee ECMC Combinations Alliance