Dr David Lehane
NIHR Clinical Lecturer
I am a Clinical Lecturer in primary care medicine and a working GP at Page Hall Medical Centre in Sheffield. I am funded by the NIHR to develop my research and teaching skills with a focus on health inequalities. My passion to work towards health equity for communities and support professionals working with vulnerable groups was inspired through witnessing the contrasts in the social determinants of health for patients throughout my career.
Prior to gaining my medical degree at The University of Sheffield in 2004 I worked as Post Doctoral researcher at the Universite Claude Bernard Faculte de Medecine in Lyon, France. Before this I completed a BSc in Zoology and then PhD at the University of Sheffield.
Pragmatic health services research focusing upon:
- Health Inequalities
- Migrant health
- The impact of environment on the Epigenome and how this impacts upon life chances.
- Interpreters: why should the NHS provide them?. British Journal of General Practice, 68(677), 564-565. View this article in WRRO
- Epigenetics and primary care. British Journal of General Practice, 68(666), 8-9. View this article in WRRO
- Migrant Health. British Journal of General Practice, 66(649), 405-405. View this article in WRRO
- Cloning of a fragment of the osteonectin gene from goldfish, Carassius auratus: Its expression and potential regulation by estrogen. General and Comparative Endocrinology, 114(1), 80-87. View this article in WRRO
- Estrogen receptor mRNA in mineralized tissues of rainbow trout: calcium mobilization by estrogen. FEBS Letters, 411(1), 145-148. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- How do homeless women conceptualise access to and experience of antenatal and postnatal care in Sheffield?. Regional Society for Academic Primary Care 2018 Trent, 13 March 2018 - 13 March 2018.
- What factors influence access by new migrant and BME women to NHS cervical screening? Has the screening programme been adapted to improve uptake for these groups of women? A systematic narrative metasynthesis. Society for Academic Primary Care National Conference 2017, 12 July 2017 - 14 July 2017.
- View this article in WRRO Cervical screening rates: The Roma Slovak a new migrant population. Annual Primary Care Conference 2016