I am struggling with food or worried about an eating disorder

Note: Self-help is not suitable for those who are feeling desperate or have frequent suicidal feelings. Please see your GP or contact Student Access to Mental Health Support (SAMHS) as soon as possible.

In Crisis - mental wellbeing

Student Access to Mental Health Support (SAMHS) has qualified staff that may be able to help you with difficulties that may be recent or may have happened some time ago.

All students where possible are offered a triage appointment. The session provides an opportunity for you to talk briefly about your situation.

The appointment may be sufficient in itself but if you need further support we can identify what is available within the University or externally.

The University Health Service runs an eating disorders clinic

  • Find information about the clinic, along with a short questionnaire that may help you identify if you have an eating disorder

SSiD pages on eating disorders

  • More information about eating disorders
  • Links to internal and external support

Any of the specialist local services below can be contacted for support or advice:

  • SYEDA (South Yorkshire Eating Disorders Association)

None of the above?

Contact Central Welfare and Guidance. Or if in doubt, go to SSiD on Level 3, Students’ Union Building