I am finding it difficult to deal with a significant event that has affected me

Note: Self-help is not suitable for those who are feeling desperate or have frequent suicidal feelings. Please see your GP or contact Student Access to Mental Health Support (SAMHS) as soon as possible.

In Crisis - mental wellbeing

Student Access to Mental Health Support (SAMHS) has qualified staff that may be able to help you with difficulties that may be recent or may have happened some time ago.

All students where possible are offered a triage appointment within 10 working days. The session provides an opportunity for you to talk briefly about your situation.

The appointment may be sufficient in itself but if you need further support we can identify what is available within the Service, the University or externally.

I am struggling with something practical

  • e.g. money, housing, academic work

I am being bullied or harassed

  • Sexual, racial, stalking, victimisation all fall under this category

I am in an abusive relationship

  • With a partner, friend, family member, colleague

None of the above?

Contact Central Welfare and Guidance. Or if in doubt, go to SSiD on Level 3, Students’ Union Building