In Crisis - mental wellbeing

Is it an emergency?

  • e.g. overdose, poisoning, self harm, suicide attempt
  • Call 999

Please note that Accident & Emergency is at the Northern General Hospital.

Only minor injuries (not emergencies) are seen at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.

I am in need of urgent support

Are you struggling with suicidal thoughts?

Please make contact with your GP and see someone as soon as possible

  • Any time of day or night - contact the Samaritans from any phone (including mobiles) on the number 116 123
  • You can contact HOPELineUK. The phone, text and email support is open 10am-10pm weekdays, 2pm-10pm weekends, 2pm-5pm bank holidays
  • Please contact one of the services listed on the University Counselling Service page
  • Or find a place of safety

Sexual assault

None of the above?

Contact Central Welfare and Guidance. Or if in doubt, go to SSiD on Level 3, Students’ Union Building

You can register for an appointment with SAMHS (Student Access to Mental Health Support) via the online registration page - SAMHS do not offer crisis support