I am confused or worried about my sexuality or gender

Note: Self-help is not suitable for those who are feeling desperate or have frequent suicidal feelings. Please see your GP or contact Student Access to Mental Health Support (SAMHS) as soon as possible.

In Crisis - mental wellbeing

The LGBT Society has comprehensive information that is helpful to anyone who is looking for information on gender or sexuality whether you identify as LGBT+ or not

I would like to talk to someone about my gender concerns

MindLine Trans+ is a confidential emotional, mental health support helpline and signposting service for people who identify as Trans, A Gender, Gender Fluid, Non-binary.

I feel low and have no where to turn

It's really important that you reach out for help to the people you feel most comfortable with.

It may be your friends, family or a listening phoneline such as Samaritans.

If you feel that you need help urgently or in crisis, please see our In Crisis page for some places to turn to. You are never alone and there are many people who want to help you.

None of the above?

You can register for an appointment with SAMHS (Student Access to Mental Health Support) via the online registration page - SAMHS do not offer crisis support

Or if in doubt, go to SSiD on Level 3, Students’ Union Building