MEng Mechanical Engineering with Spanish modules (MECU008)
See the tables below to find out more about the modules you'll study each year.
- All modules are worth 10 credits.
- Modules in brackets are optional/unrestricted.
- If you have a choice of 20 optional/unrestricted credits and choose to take 10 only in the language that you are studying as part of this allowance, you should choose the Tandem module, not the Project module.
- Tandem modules can only be taken by English native speakers. If you are not an English native speaker and have no other choice of module, please contact the Language Co-ordinator.
- At Level 1, if you start the programme with a GCSE, you will be interviewed by the Language Co-ordinator to decide whether you should choose the ‘Intermediate 2’ or the ‘Higher Intermediate 2’ module in the Spring semester.
- At Level 4, if you started the programme with a GCSE or an AS-level in the language, you will be interviewed by the Language Co-ordinator in September of your fourth year to decide whether you should take the ‘Higher Advanced’ or the ‘Proficient’ modules. When selecting your modules online in the Spring of your third year, choose ‘Higher Advanced’ modules; your enrolment will be modified in September if necessary.
- If in doubt regarding your choice, please do not hesitate to contact the MLTC Language Co-ordinator.
|GCSE||MLT203 Spanish Intermediate 1||
MLT204 Spanish Intermediate 2
|AS-Level||MLT215 Spanish Higher Intermediate 1|
|A-Level||MLT262 Spanish Advanced 1|
|GCSE/AS-Level||MLT262 Spanish Advanced 1|
|A-Level||MLT312 Spanish Higher Advanced 1|
|All levels||MLT301 Spanish Year Abroad 1|
|GCSE/AS-Level||Subject to interview in September (Choose ‘Higher Advanced 1’ by default):
Either MLT312 Spanish Higher Advanced 1
OR MLT352 Spanish Proficient 1
Either MLT313 Spanish Higher Advanced 2
|A-Level||MLT352 Spanish Proficient 1|
The content of our courses is reviewed annually to make sure it is up-to-date and relevant. Individual modules are occasionally updated or withdrawn. This is in response to discoveries through our world-leading research, funding changes, professional accreditation requirements, student or employer feedback, outcomes of reviews, and variations in staff or student numbers. In the event of any change we'll consult and inform students in good time and take reasonable steps to minimise disruption.
Information last updated: 15 June 2022