Music engages the senses and emotions like no other art form. It can persuade, celebrate and tell stories, bring together societies and change lives. Music crosses time and place, giving a fascinating glimpse into cultures and histories across the world. Study with us, and any of these aspects of the subject are yours to explore.
Our departmental ethos combines high achievement with a sense of community and a shared passion for music. Our internationally recognised research informs our high quality teaching and our student experience is second to none.
- Top 10 for music in the Guardian University League Tables 2016
- Top 10 for music in the Times Good University Guide 2015
- Top 10 for research excellence in music in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework
- Genuinely diverse and exciting curriculum
- More than 100 concerts every year
- Wealth of extra-curricular opportunities
We’d be delighted to welcome you to Sheffield and show you around at one of our Open Days.
Get in Touch!
We’re happy to hear from you at any time. Here’s who to contact:
Undergraduate Support Officer: Alley York
0114 222 0488
Admissions Tutor: Dr Tim Shephard
0114 222 0495
* The content of our courses is reviewed annually to make sure it's up-to-date and relevant. Individual modules are occasionally updated or withdrawn. This is in response to discoveries through our world-leading research; funding changes; professional accreditation requirements; student or employer feedback; outcomes of reviews; and variations in staff or student numbers. In the event of any change the University will consult and inform students in good time and will take reasonable steps to minimise disruption.
Students involved with performance may be required to meet some associated costs. These are variable depending on the nature of performance, and may include (but are not limited to) accompanist fees, the purchase of music/scores, hire of instruments, ensemble fees, a concert pass and equipment.