CPPD Modules in Genomic Medicine
We currently offer all the taught modules as individual CPPD modules.
NEW FOR SEPTEMBER 2017
Clinical Bioinformatics and Personalisation of Medicine:
The module aims at providing the theoretical and practical knowledge that health professionals need in order to quantitatively analyse health data and develop personalized treatments for patients. You will gain real-world experience by learning from both the public and private sectors involved in genetic diagnostics and drug development. The delivery will be in a “flipped-teaching” structure with online lectures and a two day face-to-face practical with lecturers.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Mine genomics data from public and private repositories
- Manage and statistically analyse big healthcare data sets using software, such as Linux and R
- Explain how genetic diagnostic tests are developed and accessed
- Explain the drug development pipeline for targeted and personalised treatments
- Identify and characterise new genetic markers for stratifying patients and treating complex diseases
- Propose new solutions to real-world problems affecting the treatment and diagnosis of complex diseases (eg. cancer and Alzheimer’s)
- Translate your understanding of bioinformatics and genomics into actionable information for healthcare providers