11th-12th September 2019
This course will provide a basic training in IHC theory and practise. The course will teach you the knowledge and confidence to manipulate basic IHC techniques to fit applications within your workplace.
On completion of the course, students will understand:
- The complex interactions of an antigen and antibody and how this impacts on immunohistochemistry reactions.
- Maths techniques used when performing Immunohistochemistry.
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Apply a sound theoretical approach to the application of immunohistochemistry within the work environment.
- Carry out immunohistochemistry protocols to demonstrate how proteins are distributed within a tissue section.
- Identify positive staining within a tissue section using a light microscope.
- Discuss the interaction of an antigen and antibody and how this impacts on the immunohistochemistry reactions.
- Explain why the use of control samples are important.
- Prepare reagents and antibodies including calculation of molarity and dilutions.
The topics covered in the module include:
- Introduction to IHC
- History and background of IHC staining
- Fixation techniques, antigen retrieval
- Mathematics for IHC
- Tissue sectioning, non-specific staining
- Control samples
- False positive and false negative staining
- IHC staining techniques
- Light microscopy
- Laser Capture Microscopy
Is the course right for me?
The beginners IHC course is suitable for anyone who has a basic science background and wishes to gain an understanding of theory and practical experience in current and popular immunohistochemical techniques. It will consist of a series of lectures and lab based practical sessions and is taught over two days. Refreshment breaks and lunch will be provided.
The course will provide you with a sound knowledge of the basics behind IHC and you will leave having gained the skills to perform and manipulate IHC on tissue to identify one antigen/cellular component in a single tissue section.
Cost: £500. This course is subject to minimum group numbers. Confirmation will be sent two weeks before the course date.
Click here for online booking.
For more information contact: Lynne Baxter (firstname.lastname@example.org).