To find out more about Philosophy at Sheffield you are warmly invited to come to an open day. There are two kinds of open days: Pre-application open days, which take place in June to October, and Applicant open days for offer holders which run from December to April.
Pre-Application open days
To find out more about Philosophy at Sheffield before putting in an application, you are warmly invited to come to one of our University pre-application Open Days, which take place in the summer. This gives you an opportunity to see the University and find out more about our courses before making your UCAS choices. You can also attend a talk about our Philosophy programmes by staff in the department and ask questions of some current students.
Pre-application Open Days in 2019 are taking place on:
- Saturday 22 June 2019
- Saturday 6 July 2019
- Saturday 7 September 2019
- Saturday 19 October 2019
Applicant open days
Anyone offered a place on one of our courses will receive an invitation to an Applicant open day (though others are also welcome to come). You are strongly recommended to come to visit on one of these days even if you have previously been to a University Open Day, as they give you a deeper level of contact with the Department, enable you to meet our staff and many of our current students.
If you have been offered a place on our courses but can't come to a post offer open day, please let us know and we will try to make alternative arrangements for you to visit.
At a post offer open day you will be welcomed by Wyn Morgan, the University's Vice President for Education and will have the opportunity to:
- Learn more about our degree, modules and pathways with a talk about studying Philosophy in Sheffield
- Hear a series of short talks on philosophical problems by members of the department
- Have one to one conversations with members of our department over refreshments
- Meet some of our current students
- Learn about prospects for after your degree, careers and employability
- Find out what's special about the University of Sheffield, our civil engagement and the Philosophy in the City programme
- Find out more about Religion if you're a Philosophy, Religion and Ethics offer holder
- Find out more about our dual degrees if you are dual degree offer holder
The afternoon will then be yours to make the most of the Central Open Day Exhibition, this runs throughout the day in our newly refurbished and award winning Students Union. At the Exhibition you can book on to Accommodation Tours, Campus Tours and Library Tours. There are information stands to cover student life, global opportunities and managing your money. There are also information stands from our University Services - The Careers Service, Sports Sheffield, Financial Support Team, Disability and Dyslexia Support and Student Services Information Desk.