Professor Dan Tovey
Professor of Particle Physics
- Room: F31
- Phone: +44 (0)114 22 23546
- Supersymmetry searches with the ATLAS experiment at the LHC
- Grid computing
- ATLAS-upgrade for the SuperLHC
- PHY206 (lectures)
- PHY230/PHY231 (lab head)
- PHY201/202/203/226 (problems class leader)
- PHY204/205/206/227 (problems class leader)
- PHY456 (supervisor)
- PHY462 (lectures)
- Student advisor
- Member of the University Computational Advisory Group
- Member of the UCAS team
- Member of the Quantum Mechanics Vertical Committee
- Member of the Lab Committee
- Member of the Transferable Skills Vertical Committee
- Sheffield ATLAS Team Leader
- ATLAS-UK Physics Coordinator
- Member of PPARC PPAP committee
- Member of STFC PPGP committee
- Head of Sheffield SRIF2 computing project
- Referee for several journals and funding agencies
|Recent key publications
- D. R. Tovey. "Measuring the SUSY mass scale at the LHC", Physics Letters B, 498 (2001) 1-10.
- D. Yu. Akimov et al. "Measurements of scintillation efficiency and pulse shape for low energy recoils in liquid xenon", Physics Letters B, 524 (2002) 245-251.
- G. Polesello, and D. R. Tovey. "Constraining SUSY Dark Matter with the ATLAS Detector at LHC", JHEP05 (2004) 071.
- M. M. Nojiri, G. Polesello, and D. R. Tovey. "Constraining Dark Matter in the MSSM at the LHC", JHEP03 (2006) 063.