Dr Luke Wilson
Reader in Semiconductor Physics
- Room: E17
- Phone: +44 (0)114 22 23532
- Fax: +44 (0)114 22 23555
- Semiconductor nanowire quantum dots
- Semiconductor nanowires for photovoltaics
- Applications of surface plasmons in semiconductor physics and biology
- First year Lab Head
- PHY102 lecturer (Light and Optics)
- PHY250 lecturer (Solids)
- 2nd Year Tutor
- PHY343 group project supervision
- PHY410 lecturer
- PHY480 project supervision
- Disability Liaison Officer (DLO)
- Chair of Condensed Matter teaching vertical committee
- Postgraduate Committee member
- Postgraduate recruitment
- Mentor for postgraduate students
- Co-chair of UK Semiconductors conference (225 delegates).
- Member of the IOP Semiconductor Group Committee 2009-2012.
- Programme committee member for several international and national semiconductor conferences.
- Active member of EPSRC Peer Review College, including Panel meetings.
|Recent key publications
- "Long lifetimes of quantum-dot intersublevel transitions in the terahertz range", NATURE MATERIALS 8, 803 (2009)
- "Terahertz optical sideband emission in self-assembled quantum dots", APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 96, 201105 (2010)
- "X-shaped plasmonic antenna on a quantum cascade laser ", APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 96, 151105 (2010)