Dr Matthew Malek
Lecturer in Experimental Particle Physics
- Room: E34b
- Phone: +44 (0) 114 22 23763
- Fax: +44 (0)114 22 23555
- Neutrino physics and astrophysics
- Proton decay
- Dark matter
- Cosmic rays
- T2K (Tokai-to-Kamioka long-baseline neutrino experiment)
- ANNIE (Accelerator Neutrino-Nucleus Interaction Experiment)
- SBND (Short-Baseline Near Detector)
- WATCHMAN (WATer CHerenkov Monitor for Anti-Neutrinos)
- DUNE (Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment)
- PHY 191 (Thermodynamics) [at Joint Institute for Science in Nanjing]
- PHY 250 (Quantum Mechanics I)
- PHY 251 (Quantum Mechanics II)
- PHY 320 (Nuclear Astrophysics) [From 2017/2018]
- Year 2 tutorials
- Year 3 projects
- Year 4 projects
- FCP6002 (Topical Science)
- Lead organiser for undergraduate Open Days
- Member of Research Committee
- Member of Recruitment Committee
- Institute of Physics (IoP) Astroparticle Physics group committee
- Reviewer for Astroparticle Physics journal
- Identification of Dark Matter 2016 local organising committee (2016)
- Lead organiser for IoP meeting on Neutrino Astronomy & Astrophysics (2016)
- Co-chair of local organising committee for IoP High Energy Physics & Astro-Particle Physics joint meeting (2017)
- Festival of the Mind: "An Artistic Journey Into the Nature of Light" -- a collaboration with several departmental colleagues (2016)
- Co-organiser for "Cocktails & Physics" event with Physics Unbound (2016)
- Participation in "24 Hour Inspiration For Life" (2016)
- Organised Sheffield "Back To The Future Day" (2015)
|Recent key publications
- "Measurement of Muon Antineutrino Oscillations with an Accelerator-Produced Off-Axis Beam" by the T2K Collaboration, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 181801 (2016).
- "Measurements of neutrino oscillation in appearance and disappearance channels by the T2K experiment with 6.6e20 protons on target" by the T2K Collaboration, Phys. Rev. D 91 07:2010 (2015).
- "Physics potential of a long-baseline neutrino oscillation experiment using a J-PARC neutrino beam and Hyper-Kamiokande" by the Hyper-Kamiokande Proto-Collaboration, Prog. Theor. Exp. Phys. 053C02 (2015).
- "Letter of Intent: The Accelerator Neutrino Nucleus Interaction Experiment (ANNIE)" by the ANNIE Collaboration, e-Print arXiv: 1504.01480 (2015).
- "Observation of Electron Neutrino Appearance in a Muon Neutrino Beam" by the T2K Collaboration, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112 18:1801 (2013).