Planning and Performance
The Planning and Performance team’s activities are shown below.
Supporting Strategic Planning
The Planning Support Officers (PSOs) support the planning round, through which University reviews strategic direction, assesses performance and agrees future plans. The team has responsibility for supporting faculties, departments and other professional services throughout the planning round. This includes:
- Data analysis to support strategic decision making
- Support to produce Planning Round documentation (i.e. narratives and risk registers)
- Student number and income forecasting
- Using Academic Planner: A new tool used to support department planning and model future student, staff and income scenarios. The final plans feed directly into the University's student number and income forecasts.
- Advising on current and emerging higher education policies and issues.
Annual fee setting: We coordinate the University's annual fee setting process and advise on fee levels at all levels of study. This includes setting the institutional standard fees, providing departments with competitor analysis and assistance when setting programme level fees, and maintaining accurate fee lists.
Ad hoc fee approval: We also advise on fees for new programmes during the programme approval process and ensure that these are approved via the relevant governance process.
PSOs support departments and faculties in planning for new investment including capital investment and new programmes. This includes advising on strategic alignment and financial viability.
A series of related resources are available to download from the top right menu on this page. For further advice or support please contact your relevant Planning Support Officer:
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities: Laura Filsak, 0114 22 21068, L.Filsak@sheffield.ac.uk
- Faculty of Engineering: Richard Eastall, 0114 22 21008, R.Eastall@sheffield.ac.uk
- Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health: James Mumford, 0114 22 21056, J.Mumford@sheffield.ac.uk
- Faculty of Science: Laura Filsak, contact details as above
- Faculty of Social Sciences: Richard Eastall, contact details as above