Reporting and Insight
Reporting and Insight plans for, monitors and reports on the University´s activity and performance. This includes:
1. Forecasting and modelling student numbers, then monitoring student intake against targets;
2. Project managing and delivering statutory returns to funding bodies;
3. Producing Management Information and Insight for University Departments.
The University has a statutory obligation to provide information to the bodies that provide funding to the University or who wish to monitor the University´s activities. This is delivered via the following returns:
• Annual Monitoring Statement
• HEFCE Recreation
• Initial Teacher Training
• Institutional Profile
• Medical and Dental Survey
Between August and December, we monitor the number of students registered at the University and forecast likely intake by 1 December compared with targets agreed by the University Executive Board (UEB). 1 December is the date against which financial forecast targets are measured and is also the census date for the HESES return used to calculate the amount of funding that HEFCE provides for the University.
We provide information to help enable decision making. This can be in the form of reports and datasets, competitor and league table comparisons or bespoke management information to support department reviews and projects.