Professor Allister McGregor - Full List of Publications
- te Lintelo D, Gupte J, McGregor JA, Lakshman R & Jahan F (2018) Wellbeing and urban governance: who fails, survives or thrives in informal settlements in Bangladeshi cities?. Cities, 72(B), 391-402. View this article in WRRO
- McGregor JA & Pouw NRM (2017) Towards an economics of well-being. Cambridge Journal of Economics, 41(4), 1123-1142. View this article in WRRO
- Friend RM, Anwar NH, Dixit A, Hutanuwatr K, Jayaraman T, McGregor JA, Menon MR, Moench M, Pelling M & Roberts D (2016) Re-imagining Inclusive Urban Futures for Transformation. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 20, 67-72. View this article in WRRO
- Béné C, Al-Hassan RM, Amarasinghe O, Fong P, Ocran J, Onumah E, Ratuniata R, Van Tuyen T, McGregor JA & Mills DJ (2016) Is resilience socially constructed? Empirical evidence from Fiji, Ghana, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam. Global Environmental Change, 38, 153-170. View this article in WRRO
- Milner-Gulland EJ, McGregor JA, Agarwala M, Atkinson G, Bevan P, Clements T, Daw T, Homewood K, Kumpel N, Lewis J, Mourato S, Palmer Fry B, Redshaw M, Rowcliffe JM, Suon S, Wallace G, Washington H & Wilkie D (2014) Accounting for the Impact of Conservation on Human Well-Being. Conservation Biology, 28(5), 1160-1166.
- Devereux S & McGregor JA (2014) Transforming Social Protection: Human Wellbeing and Social Justice. The European Journal of Development Research, 26(3), 296-310.
- Devereux S, McGregor JA & Sabates-Wheeler R (2011) Introduction: Social Protection for Social Justice. IDS Bulletin, 42(6), 1-9.
- Hossain N & McGregor JA (2011) A ‘Lost Generation’? Impacts of Complex Compound Crises on Children and Young People. Development Policy Review, 29(5), 565-584.
- Coulthard S, Johnson D & McGregor JA (2011) Poverty, sustainability and human wellbeing: A social wellbeing approach to the global fisheries crisis. Global Environmental Change, 21(2), 453-463.
- Deneulin S & McGregor JA (2010) The capability approach and the politics of a social conception of wellbeing. European Journal of Social Theory, 13(4), 501-519.
- Camfield L & McGregor JA (2009) Editorial. Applied Research in Quality of Life, 4(2), 129-134.
- McGregor JA, Camfield L & Woodcock A (2009) Needs, Wants and Goals: Wellbeing, Quality of Life and Public Policy. Applied Research in Quality of Life, 4(2), 135-154.
- Woodcock A, Camfield L, McGregor JA & Martin F (2009) Validation of the WeDQoL-Goals-Thailand Measure: Culture-Specific Individualised Quality of Life. Social Indicators Research, 94(1), 135-171.
- McGregor JA, McKay A & Velazco J (2007) Needs and resources in the investigation of well‐being in developing countries: illustrative evidence from Bangladesh and Peru. Journal of Economic Methodology, 14(1), 107-131.
- Coulthard S, McGregor JA & White C (2018) Multiple dimensions of wellbeing in practice, Ecosystem Services and Poverty Alleviation: Trade-Offs and Governance (pp. 243-256).
- McGregor JA, Salagrama V & Bahadur AV (2014) Fisheries in coastal India: Extraction, livelihoods and a way of life, Natural Resource Extraction and Indigenous Livelihoods: Development Challenges in an Era of Globalization (pp. 93-107).